Saturday, June 11, 2011

Broken Heart, 6 Steps, Ribs

* Elise broke my heart forever tonight. It was time to make dinner, so I left the kids in the girls' bedroom with Husband and walked down the hall and through the kiddie gate. As I shut the gate behind myself, Elise came running after me, crying. She didn't want me to leave. I turned around to see her standing at the gate, her hand stretched out, and she sobbed, "Bye bye, Mama!" Oh my god. I'm crying just thinking about it again.

* Without prompting, Georgia decided to practice walking tonight. Over and over, she walked from the edge of some furniture to me or to another target. She got up to 6 steps in a row, which she accomplished several times. She was SO proud of herself, laughing and smiling. It was pretty awesome. It's easy to see that her balance is getting better, and she's getting much more confident.

* My ribs have been hurting. Clark must be sitting in my belly differently than Elise did. I don't remember having sore ribs with Elise.

No comments:

Post a Comment