Friday, June 3, 2011

Second (Baby) Guessing

With the first baby, I wondered about every detail of how she'd look when she came out. What color would her hair be? Whose ears would she have? What would her nose look like?

With baby #2, I wonder those same things, but I also put it in the context of baby #1. Will Clark have the same hair color as Elise? Will they be the kind of siblings that people know right away are related because they look so similar? Will Clark be skinny like Elise is, or will he be a chubby baby?

And of course, I wonder how different their personalities will be. I wonder what kinds of things I'll end up remarking on. This time next year, will I be saying, "It's funny how similar Elise and Clark are!" Or will I be saying, "Elise was so much more laid back than Clark," or, "I thought Elise was an easy baby, but Clark is just a dream!"

So exciting to think about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment