Friday, June 10, 2011

The Grossest Grossness

I'm pretty sure Elise ate poop today.

At the end of snack time this afternoon Husband said, "Elise's breath smells like poop." I did not take what he said literally. Apparently I should have.

Shortly thereafter, with a terrible look on her face, Elise handed me something that looked like maybe a chewed up and spit out Cheerio. Dutifully, I grabbed it off of her hand and then washed it off of my own hand in the kitchen sink.

"What was that?" Husband asked. "I don't know. I don't want to think about it or it'll just gross me out more," I said. Famous last words.

As we got the kids cleaned up and ready to get out of their booster seats, I noticed Elise's hand was dirty with something that didn't look like anything she had eaten for snack. There was a small light brown smudge behind her ear. Something was in her hair. I wondered where this mess had come from.

Back in the girl's bedroom, Husband says, "I STILL smell poop." So we checked diapers. Elise was poopy and Husband put her on the changing pad. As he opened her diaper he says, "THAT'S the same smell that's on her breath!"

And then it dawned on us. Everything suddenly added up. Our daughter ate her own poop.

So gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment