Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Beginning of the End

I have been having Braxton-Hicks contractions all day long. Literally. All day long. In the 15 or so hours that I've been awake, I've had over 40 contractions. They're coming in waves. I wont have any for a while, then I'll get a bunch of them just a few minutes apart, and then they'll dissipate over time. I do the things they tell you to do in order to stop the false labor contractions-- walk around, drink water, pee-- and eventually they go away for a while.

I was having so many contractions this morning that I got really upset. It's too early for Clark to come. He's not ready yet. I'm only 35 weeks along. My contractions were getting closer together and I got scared. Fortunately, the contractions never developed a solid pattern. They were never consistently 5 minutes apart or anything like that. They might be 7 minutes apart, then 5 minutes, then 9 minutes, then 4 minutes. There was no consistency. So I ended up feeling confident that I wasn't actually in labor yet.

Yet.

My belly looks lower today, too. Husband noticed it as well. And I feel a lot more pressure on my pelvis. I've had to pee about 8 million times today. (That's only a SLIGHT exaggeration, I assure you.) Husband says that my body is starting to push that baby down and getting ready to push him out. I agree.

Get ready, baby Clark! Your birthday is coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment