Thursday, August 4, 2011

Names

Elise can say everyone's name in our house now! She's been doing this for a couple of days. She says Mama and Dada, of course. She calls Henry something very close to what his real name is... I guess "Henna" would be the equivalent for bloggy purposes. And she calls Georgia by a nickname, what would equate to "Gigi." She calls Clark "Car" and usually points at my belly when she says his name.

Elise can also say her own name ("Eee-leee"). She recognizes herself in the mirror and in pictures and can point to herself when you ask her where Elise is.

Elise has been asking "Dada?" during the day for weeks now. I tell her "Daddy's at work" and she seems satisfied with that. Now she asks about everyone, which I think is really cool because it shows that she thinks about Henry and Georgia even when they aren't here with us.

Today after her nap, Elise asked if everyone else had gone night-night, too. "Gigi night-night?" "Henna night-night?" "Car night-night?" She didn't ask about Husband or me. I guess she realizes that the adults don't have time to take naps.

So cute, Elise!

1 comment: