Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sleeping Without Elise, Pregnancy Pain

It was sad last night not hearing Elise's little breaths as I tried to fall asleep. I missed her.

She was fine, though. Slept through the night. In fact, she slept in late today. About 45 minutes later than usual. And she woke up in a wonderful mood. Stood up and said, "Gigi?!?!" as she looked over at Georgia just waking up in her crib on the other side of the room. Happy baby.

I wish I could sleep through the night. I wake up two or three times every night to pee. Every couple of hours. And just getting in and out of bed is a gigantic pain in the everything. My lower back hurts, my hips hurt, my belly hurts. I'm definitely drawing closer and closer to that get-this-baby-out-of-me phase that happens at the end of pregnancy.

Today I had at least 10 instances of Clark lying on that nerve that makes excruciating pain shoot down my upper inner thigh. It was awful. Tears. It's like how I imagine getting a non-lethal dose of electricity must feel. Just all of a sudden ZAAAAAAAAP!!! down my leg and I can't walk until it goes away.

So I have emotional pains and physical pains right now. Changes. Babies coming and going. Lots of pregnancy hormones making everything seem more dramatic and sensational than it really is. These next few weeks (months, really) will be crazy. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment