Saturday, August 20, 2011

Night Night

We've moved Elise into the same bedroom as Georgia. She will no longer be sleeping in our room.

I'm sad.

We were moving and rearranging furniture earlier and I started crying. I don't know why, exactly. I'm just so used to having Elise close to me. Elise saw me crying and got concerned. Husband said, "It's okay Elise. Mommy's fine. In fact, she'll probably cry at every milestone you pass in your life." Yes. I probably will.

After the furniture was moved and she saw her bed in the room with Georgia's bed, Elise asked, "Night night?" We explained that she'd be sleeping with Georgia from now on. "Gigi night night?" She seemed to understand.

At bedtime I nursed her in my bedroom like usual, because I wanted to keep as much of her nighttime routine the same as possible. When we were done, she slid off the bed and ran to the door of her new bedroom. She was ready. She was fine. No fussing. No confusion. It couldn't have gone smoother.

Except for my own crazy sadness.

Sometimes change is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment