Friday, August 5, 2011

Gearing Up

OBGYN appointment today-- everything's good. Clark is in the head-down position. I'm 32 weeks along now. It's nearly go time.

I've washed the cover to Elise's old infant carrier car seat. What is now Clark's car seat. That's one good thing about having kids close together-- you have all of the baby gear you need. I'm so glad we don't have to go buy that stuff all over again. It's novel to pick those things out the first time but if I had to go shopping for for strollers and car seats and crib sheets and all of that right now, it would feel like a hassle. The first time I was pregnant was exciting because everything was new. This time is good because I get to relax and enjoy the pregnancy in and of itself.

This weekend we'll install the bases to the car seats, one in my car and one on the van. That's the most important thing, having the car seat ready to go. Then next week I'll probably start washing baby clothes, packing bags, organizing closets... generally trying to keep myself busy and keep from thinking about going through labor all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment