Friday, September 10, 2010

Banana Baby Food

Elise had bananas for the first time yesterday. I mashed some banana up with breast milk. She didn't take to it quite as quickly as the avocado. Kind of made a face at first. But then she ate just fine. I think that the bananas had a stronger, sweeter smell and taste than the avocado so maybe that's why she reacted differently.

Tonight she had avocado-banana-milk mush. She seemed to like it well enough. Ate a lot. So now she has 3 meal options: banana, avocado, or nanacado. Every new food we add will open up exponentially more options for her. How exciting! Math AND food!

Husband likes that she's eating solid food now because that means that he can help feed her. Thus far, I've been her only food supply and we haven't had any need to use bottles, so she just drinks from the spigot, so to speak. But with the solids, Husband sits and feeds her while I get grown up dinner together. It's nice. He gets baby bonding time and I get to be responsible for no one but myself for a little bit. Everyone wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment