Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spoons, Goats, Tattoos

I've been letting Elise hold and bite on baby spoons, to get her used to them before her first solid-food feeding. She loooooooves them.

So then I got the bright idea of putting some breast milk on a spoon, to see what she does. She drank it off the spoon, but then held the milk at the front of her mouth and looked at me like, "Now what?!" She swallowed it eventually. Silly girl.

Solids should be interesting.

Oh! Also, I milked a goat today. Husband, Elise, and I went to a dairy farm and I got to milk a goat. Different than hand expressing breast milk, in case you were wondering.

The highlight of the dairy farm trip, though, was seeing this hipster, who was there with his wife and child, turn and reveal his hammer and sickle NECK TATTOO. That is some serious devotion to the good ol' USSR. Good god. I thought I was there to see the animals... turns out that the people were just as interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment