Thursday, September 23, 2010

Post-Pregnant Body and Elise's Favorite Baby Food

One pound to go until I'm back to my pre-pregnant weight! Woo hoo! Six and a half months after delivery and only one pound to go. I'm sure it would have come off a lot quicker if I exercised more regularly... but I'm happy that the weight came off either way.

Husband and I have committed to regular walks around the neighborhood as of late. It's nice how the neighbors coo over Elise.

I still have a bit of a dark line above my belly button. I don't think that's going away. And my umbilical hernia still isn't healed.

But did I mention ONE pound!? And that's probably all breastmilk. That's what I'm telling myself, anyhow.

Oh, and also, Elise has a new favorite baby food. Apples and bananas mixed together. She gobbled it. Super loved it.

Do you know that song "I love to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas..."? That was Elise's dinner song tonight.

Today I made Elise some butternut squash baby food. I cut a squash in half lenghtwise, scooped out the seeds, put it in a baking pan with a couple of inches of water in the bottom and with the cut part facing down, and baked it at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. Then I scooped out the "meat" and pureed it. It smelled good. I hope she likes it when it's time to give it to her.

I don't think anything will compare to those apples and bananas, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment