Sunday, September 5, 2010

Solids!

Elise ate her first solid food today!

Husband, Elise, and I met up with some family and went to a botanical garden and then had lunch. We decided to celebrate Elise's 6 month birthday a few days early so that more people could join in. I mixed breast milk with mashed up avocado and Elise ate like a champ. She sucked it right off the spoon and went back for more. And more. And more.

She ate more than I thought she would. She did such a good job! She seemed to like the avocado and I think that mixing it with milk helped the taste seem familiar to her.

Soooo, she'll have avocado with dinner for the next three nights, then we'll try banana. And then I can make banana-avocado-milk mush! This is so exciting!

She hasn't pooed since she ate. Will it be different? Green like the avocado? I don't know! I'll report back...

No comments:

Post a Comment