Thursday, September 30, 2010

Elise's Morning Song

Every morning I sing Elise a wake up good morning song. I've been doing it for a while. I love how she almost always laughs or smiles when I sing it to her. She starts her day off with a happy attitude; she hardly ever wakes up crying.

To the tune of "Happy Birthday" I sing:

Good morning to you!
Good morning to you!
Good morning sweet baby,
Good morning to you!

One day Elise will be a teenager and I'll go in her room and sing her that song to wake her up for school and she'll tell me to shut up and roll over and put the pillow over her head. But for now, my Baby Baby enjoys our silly morning ritual and so do I.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny because when you girls were babies, I would sing (off key of course), "A B C, 1 2 3, I love you and you love me in the mornings.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete