Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Third Time's a Charm!

You'll never guess what Elise ate for dinner tonight. Green beans!

After her first two tastes (and rejections) of green beans, I thought it was practically a lost cause. I mean, she REALLY hated them. But I figured that it couldn't hurt to try again, so tonight I mixed in lots of rice cereal and milk and offered her some greenie beanies.

Chomp!

Ate 'em right up! Then I made her some more, mixed with yellow squash.

Chomp!

So, it just took a few tries. Yay for Baby Baby!

Also, she started eating oatmeal yesterday. I made Elise some baby oatmeal by taking whole grain rolled oats (not the quick cook or instant kind, but the regular old-fashioned oatmeal) and turned it to powder in my coffee grinder. That way, when I cooked it there were no big chunks. You just have to stir, stir, stir to avoid clumps while it's cooking.

Elise likes oatmeal! She's such a good eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment