Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Monkey

Elise is really strong. I know this because for at least a month now she's been puling my hair. And it hurts. A lot.

At first she would grab my shirt and hold on for dear life, as if I might drop her and she needed to be able to support her own weight. Like a little baby monkey. I thought this was very cute. Until she developed a preference for holding on to my hair instead.
She doesn't grab the sturdy hairs that grow from the top of my head. No. She grabs the delicate under-hairs that start behind my ears or at the top of my neck. Little hairs that are too fragile even for light to hit them. Even when I put my hair into a ponytail, her cruel baby fingers find these wispy little hairs and yank the living hell out of them.

I thought about shaving my head, but then I realized that she would just grab raw flesh instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment