Friday, May 14, 2010

Full-time Mom

I resigned from my position at work. I am now a full-time mommy. My job is to raise Elise to be the best person she can be. Most important job in the world.

I thought I'd feel happy to quit working. Instead I'm a little depressed. I mean, I'm happy and depressed about it at the same time.

I've worked since I was 16 years old. In those 15 years, I always went from one job to the next with no break in between, except that I took 1 year off from working during my first year of law school. And I was still working hard that year, believe me. I just wasn't getting paid for it. But I worked during my last two years of law school... and I still graduated with honors. Woo hoo!

At one point in undergrad, I was working full-time, going to school full-time, and studying to take the LSAT. That was INSANE. But my point is, working is a part of who I am. So to not work feels kind of weird.

I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home with Elise. I know that she's better with me for her first year than she is at a daycare. It's just hard to go from attorney to housewife. I'm kind of lousy at domestic duties.

Fortunately, being a mommy is a natural part who I am, too. I can always go back to work, but I can never get Elise's first year of childhood back. I know I'm making the best decision for my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment