Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cry Me A River

You might not know this unless you've had a baby or have been around a newborn, but little babies don't shed tears when they cry. I guess their tear ducts aren't fully formed or something. They cry and cry but no tears come out.

Elise's eyes have been getting wet when she cries, but not wet enough for tears to spill down her cheeks. Today, she'd squeeze her little eyes shut when she'd cry and tear drops would actually form under her eyes and cling to her eyelashes. But then she'd open her eyes and the tears would get sucked back into her eyes. I kept waiting for the tear drops to actually fall, but they never did.

Is it weird that I can't wait for my daughter to cry real tears? Every little change seems like such a milestone to me. It's silly how fascinated with her I am.

1 comment:

  1. Andy has had tears for a few weeks already, which surprised me. Chris finally saw them about a week ago.

    ReplyDelete