Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just Elise

Elise is now an only child, for the first time. Foster Son went back to his mom yesterday. Husband and I are happy for him, but sad for ourselves. Foster Son lived with us for a year. Not having him around will take some getting used to.

I have to say, having Foster Son in our home has really taught Husband and me how to parent as a team. We've seen our flaws, our strengths, discussed how and why we want to do things differently from each other. Very eye-opening. I'm so glad that we work well together. Of course, Husband and I each come from our own unique family culture and so there were plenty of times when we had to reconcile two different ways of handling a situation with Foster Son. How lucky for Elise that we've already worked out some of the kinks.

In other news, Elise's second day of EC went well. I'll spare you the details, other than to say that not having to change poopy diapers is AWESOME.

Also, she's slept for 6 hours for 2 nights in a row now. Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment