Friday, May 28, 2010

Elimination Communication Magic

Oh. My. GOD.

It' 5:00 in the morning. Elise just woke up from sleeping since 11:30 last night AND HER DIAPER WAS DRY. She slept for 5 1/2 hours and didn't wet herself! She's 11 weeks old!

She's never before woken up from sleeping at night with a dry diaper.

Now, to be fair, I took off her diaper and she started to pee just a little. But she stopped herself, I ran with her to the potty, and then she pooped and peed (a LOT). I wasn't planning to do EC at night, but I guess Elise has different plans. I suppose she realized that she doesn't want to sit in a wet diaper in the middle of the night.

Apparently she trusts that I'll take her right to the potty when she wakes up. All day long, any time she wakes up from a nap I take her to the potty. She always goes. Yesterday, she woke up from a nap, I took her to the potty and she peed, and she went right back to sleep. "It's almost as if she woke up just to go to the bathroom," I said to myself.

Then last night around 11:00, I fed her, burped her, swaddled her, and put her in her bassinet like usual. She slept for about 10 minutes and woke up. Since I was still wide awake, I offered her the potty. She went. "That's cool," I thought to myself. "She woke up just to go to the potty. I think we're having some breakthroughs in EC here."

And then she holds it all night. After 4 days of EC training.

Amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment