Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wiped Out

Before you have a baby, people are always telling you how expensive diapers are, how you'll have to run out in the middle of the night to get them because you didn't realize that you were almost out, etc. They don't mention wipes. While not as expensive, they are equally as important. And you'll go through them like crazy.

We've tried Huggies brand wipes, Wal-mart brand (Parents' Choice), and Publix brand. And you know what? I like the Wal-mart brand best. I mean, they all work fine. But as far as I can tell, there is NO reason to pay top dollar for the Huggies wipes when the Wal-mart wipes are available. The Wal-mart wipes are cheap, sturdy, and adequately moist.

We've stocked up on the Wal-mart wipes. We have several months worth stacked in Elise's closet. I refuse to be caught without wipes. Oh lord-- just what I'd need. A mudslide and no wipes.

I've read that you can make your own wipes by cutting up paper towels and soaking them in a solution of water and mild soap. That's some serious dedication to your baby's butt. I cannot imagine myself at the dining room table with scissors and a roll of paper towels, cutting away for hours. It's seems much cheaper, money-wise and time-wise, to just buy the Wal-mart wipes. Maybe the homemade wipes are more natural or something. Good for all of you ladies and men out there who have the patience to make your own wipes-- I wish I had your dedication. And your inordinant amounts of free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment