Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pregnancy Dreams

I had two dreams recently where I was pregnant again.

About a week and a half ago, I dreamed that I was in labor at the hospital. I was in this room that looked sort of like an operating room, laying flat in a bed. A nurse came in with a Jansport backpack over one shoulder (hello, middle school!), set it down on the foot of my bed, and started unpacking it.

She took out a huge butcher's knife. A meat cleaver of some sort. "Am I having a c-section this time?" I asked. "Not necessarily," she said, "we just want to be ready."

Then a couple of nights ago I dreamed that Husband and I were out at dinner with a friend. All of a sudden, I felt a baby kick. It was unmistakeable as to what it was. I grabbed my stomach and glanced over at Husband. He could tell by the look on my face what was going on and he stared back at me, looking slightly horrified.

Jeez, brain, what's with the pregnancy dreams? Can't we just put that behind us for now?

1 comment:

  1. Every night I've dreamed that I am breastfeeding Andy. So I am nursing all night whether awake or asleep.

    ReplyDelete