Friday, May 21, 2010

I Accidentally Fed My Baby Soap

I bathe Elise twice a week. She does just fine during her bath-- she's not too excited either way. She doesn't cry or get overly happy. She seems to just think of it as a regular part of the day.

My routine is to get two washcloths. First I put one washcloth across her belly, to keep her warm. With the other washcloth, I scrub her little face with water, then I wash her hair with shampoo. I drape the first washcloth across her head like a hat, then I wash her body with soap with the second washcloth.

Well, today I decided to scrub a little soap on her cheeks and chin as I was washing her chest. I soaped up the rest of her body, rinsed out the washcloth, and went back to wash the soap away. That's when I noticed her blowing bubbles out of her mouth. These bubbles were too big to be just from spit. Dammit! I fed the baby soap.

She didn't cry or seem very concerned about the new taste.

I guess a little soap in her mouth won't kill her. The preschool that I went to washed kids' mouths out with soap for bad language all the time. I specifically remember circle time one day where the teacher was having us name rhymes for "duck." One of my best preschool friends was a little bit evil. She raised her hand. "She won't do it," I thought to myself. "No way." She did. And got her mouth rinsed out with soap for an extra long time. She's still alive, so I guess Elise will be okay, too.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Andrew has eaten soapy water a couple times too, if I am scrubbing his scalp and it runs down his face when I rinse it off. He just gets this curious expression and starts licking his lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friends,

    Really this post is very informative for me it's a very interesting post regarding baby soap. Which is very helpful. Thank you for providing this information.

    ReplyDelete