Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thank You, Mother Nature!

Update on lady parts! Things ARE looking more and more how I am used to, by the way. I guess it just takes a little while for everything to finish healing.

Had the changes been permanent, it really wouldn't have been that big of a deal. I mean, the difference between the "before" lady parts and the "after" lady parts was definitely something that I could notice, but someone unfamiliar with my "before" lady parts wouldn't have been like, "Whoa! What happened there?" or anything. In fact, when I was talking to the midwife at my 6 week post-partum checkup, she said, "Well, everything looks normal to ME-- but I haven't known your body for 31 years like you have." That's reassuring, right? A woman who looks at lady parts all day long should know messed up lady parts when she sees them.

And just to set the record straight-- things don't FEEL different. If it weren't for the fact that I possess a hand mirror and a lot of curiosity about how my body has been changing during pregnancy and delivery, then I never would have known that everything didn't just snap back into place after the baby was born.

I guess that I wasn't expecting it to take MONTHS for my body to finish healing. Once the post-partum pains go away, it's hard to remember that there are still changes taking place. It took over 9 months to grow my baby, 22 hours to push her out, and now it has been over 2 months since she was born and my body still hasn't finished its healing process. That's a long time to have your body be different than what you're used to. Once you get pregnant, your body really is for your baby-- it isn't just for you anymore.

I'm getting my body back, slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment