Wednesday, January 20, 2010

3rd Trimester Road Trip

I had to travel for work today. I drove 2 1/2 hours to a nearby city to conduct a conference. That doesn't sound like a very long car trip... unless you're 7 months pregnant. Sitting still for too long destroys my back. Every time I got out of the car I hobbled my first 5 or 6 steps, gripping my back and wincing in pain.

Plus, I wore high heels today. I can't fit into my suits anymore, so I felt extra pressure to look nice. In retrospect, I think I just looked comical, with pointy little shoes and a great big belly. I only lost my balance three times. Wobbles, not falls. None of my wobbles were in public, so, fortunately, the slight boost that wearing nice shoes gave my self-esteem was not mitigated by an embarrassing wiggling incident. That said, I will be not be putting high heels on again for AT LEAST another 3 months. Good Lord! Who wants to see a pregnant lady on stilts, anyway?


3 comments:

  1. What the crap are you wearing for suits then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't wear a suit. i wore a nice shirt, sweater, and some maternity dress pants. i was annoyed enough about buying the maternity dress pants... no WAY i'm shelling out money for a maternity suit, which i'll only get to wear once or twice.

    ReplyDelete