Sunday, January 31, 2010

Teen Mom

So I've been watching the MTV show "Teen Mom." It follows some of the girls from "16 and Pregnant" and shows their lives now that the babies have arrived. I watch it for the same reason that I watched "16 and Pregnant"-- the same reason that people used to watch The Jerry Springer Show-- schadenfreude.

Also, I kind of like trashy reality shows. Not the stuff like "Survivor." That kind of reality show bores me. It has to be more like "Temptation Island" (remember that show???). If I'm going to take the time to sit down and watch tv, I'd either better be learning something or be highly entertained. I don't go in for the mind-numbing I'll-just-watch-whatever's-on-tv kind of existence. Husband and I don't even have basic cable. We watch tv shows on the internet.

So, my apologies in advance, Elise. You will probably never be up to date on the latest, coolest tv programming. But you'll learn how to read, dammit. And draw/paint/play a musical instrument. And you can explain to your friends what it's like to play outside in the dirt and the sun and the fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment