Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hospital Tour

Tuesday night Husband and I went on a tour of the labor and delivery area of our local hospital, offered by our childbirth preparation class. Looks alright. Jacuzzi tubs in all of the rooms, really cool beds, birthing balls, etc.

It made this whole experience feel just that much more real. Which kind of freaked me out. I couldn't stop thinking, "I'll be in one of these rooms in 10 weeks. Pushing a baby out of my body. Hooked up to IVs and monitors. Screaming. Waiting to hold my baby for the first time."

Oh my god. My blood pressure is going up just thinking about it. Deep breaths! Relaxation breathing! Relaxation breathing!!!

There's one thing that's kind of cute that the hospital does for new moms. After you leave your delivery room to go to your recovery room, you get wheeled past this little button on a wall that you get to ring, sort of like a doorbell. It plays a song throughout the hospital, letting everyone know that a baby's been born.

Aaawwwwwww.

2 comments:

  1. The woman how brought Mocha to us was on that tour too! she e-mailed me saying that you knew your face and could remember where she saw you. She said that she woke up in the middle of night remembering that you guys came over when we got Mochie. Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's crazy!!! i kept looking at her. i was thinking "she's pretty in a kind of normal, girl-next-door way" but it didn't click that i'd seen her before. now that you say that, though, i know exactly who she is and i totally remember her.

    ReplyDelete