Sunday, January 24, 2010

Milk Bath

I woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago, needing to go to the bathroom. I always wake up once or twice a night because I have to pee. When I wake up, I'm almost always sweaty. But I sweat in specific places. My thighs, and under and between my breasts. Sometimes my belly is sweaty. This particular night, the WHOLE front of my shirt was soaked.

My first thought was, "Crap! I've leaked milk all over the place!" In a split second, I thought all about how the milk was probably soaked into the bed and how it would smell and get all gross if I don't clean it up right away.

As soon as I started to sit up, though, I realized how silly it was to think that I'd leaked all over myself. I'm not making that much milk yet. Not even close.

I was so annoyed at the thought of getting up and having to change the sheets. I've had to change peed-on sheets once or twice, being a foster parent and all. But somehow, cleaning up little kids' bodily fluids seems more okay because I can't expect them to prevent middle-of-the-night accidents. Kids have accidents. That's what they do. I was frustrated, thinking that I'd had an accident that I should have been able to prevent and now I had to get up at 3 a.m. and do laundry.

Anyway, I was just super, super sweaty.

Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment