Friday, January 22, 2010

My Lumps Have Lumps

Sometimes the way that Elise sits in my uterus makes my belly look asymmetrical.

She's head-down, and I think that she's facing my left side. I can often feel her butt and some of her back along the right side of my belly. Her little feet kick me up at the top of my belly on the left side.

About 5 or 6 times a day, Elise sticks her little butt out. I think that what's happening is that she's extending her legs and pressing them against the left side of my body. This allows her to stretch and press her butt HARD against my right side. It's always uncomfortable and sometimes it hurts. I rub her butt to try to make her move, but I think that she's either gotten used to me doing that or she likes it, because she just keeps on stretching until she's done.

You probably couldn't see it from straight on, but from my vantage point, looking down on my belly, when she stretches there's a huge bulge on the right side. I look weird and misshapen. I go from having a smooth beach ball of a belly to a sort of strange egg shape, tilted on it's side.

This morning when I woke up, I had little feet lumps at the top of my belly. Husband tickled them by drumming his fingers against the lumps and Elise started kicking. Definitely feet.

The lumps wouldn't be so bad if it didn't feel like my skin was stretching so much to accomodate Elise's intrauterine yoga routine. I'm on the road to Stretchmark City, I'm sure of it. One day I'll tell Elise her birth story and then one by one point out all of my stretchmarks and explain their origin. "Here is where you jammed your bony little baby butt against my side..."

No comments:

Post a Comment