Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby Dream: Two Belly Buttons

I can't remember all of my baby dream last night, but I remember two specific parts about it. I had two belly buttons. My regular one that sticks way out because of my umbilical hernia, and one below it that went waaaaaay in. I remember seeing the second belly button and being shocked by it and thinking, "I wonder if this will go away after the baby is born."

The second thing that I remember is that at one point the baby was kicking and stretching and I looked at my belly and even though it was my regular opaque skin, I could see the outline of hands and feet. My skin was stretching really far, like it was made of plastic, and I could see all of the baby parts pressed against it.

I think I was dreaming about belly buttons because I'm concerned about my hernia. And I think I was dreaming about the stretchy belly because now that Elise is getting bigger, I'm feeling fewer kicks and more elbows and knees pressing against my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment