Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year-My-Baby-Will-Be-Born

Happy 2010!

This is the first new year that Husband and I have a family. We became foster parents last May and I got pregnant in July. Now we want to start our own family traditions for the holidays, beginning with New Year's Day.

Neither Husband or I had New Year's Day traditions in our families growing up. Other than maybe sleeping in after a late night of TV watching.

We've decided to start two new year's day traditions. First, we'll bake cookies together as a family. Get the new year off to a sweet start. And then every year I'd like to take a family photo, as a way to watch how our family grows and changes from year to year.

Nothing fancy, but cookies and a family photo will become our way to celebrate... and maybe one day Elise will carry those traditions on to her own family.


No comments:

Post a Comment