Monday, September 7, 2009

Baby Registry

I'm out of control. I'm only 11 weeks along, but Husband and I started a baby regisrty last night.

As foster parents, we figure that even if something bad happens with our biological baby, we'll still eventually need stuff for foster babies. Our mothers are already buying us stuff anyway (thanks Moms!), so we might as well start picking out things that we want.

We've registered at Target.com. We picked out a few clothing items (gender neutral, of course), and we'll start researching the necessary "baby hardware" soon.

Also, I bought some maternity jeans on Saturday. Although I'm not really showing yet, I'm definitely getting thicker. I can't comfortably wear a lot of my clothes. I've already given one of my sisters a pile of clothes, figuring that if I won't be able to wear them for over a year, I really don't need them. I tried those maternity jeans on and they were soooo comfortable. I bought them, and a non-maternity t-shirt that's fitted but kind of long (hoping it will still cover my belly when it gets big).

5 comments:

  1. Target has these belly bands you can wear with your non-maternity pants so you can continue wearing them longer even if you cannot button them (they cover up the unbottoned area and keep things snug). They're also supposed to be good if you have maternity clothes that are too big and you want to tighten them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've seen those!

    my main thing now is that i dont want anyone to know i'm wearing maternity clothes yet. especially at work. and that stretchy business across the belly is a dead give away. i wont be wearing my maternity jeans to work anytime soon.

    the minute i start showing, though, i'm going to wear nothing but check-it-out-i'm-pregnant type of shirts, so that people know that i'm not just gaining weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send me a link to your baby registry when it is appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of the maternity clothes and I didn't want to spend a lot at Motherhood Maternity. I got a bunch of those shirts that are long and a couple sizes bigger than I normally buy. They were good and fit throughout pretty much all my belly growing. I bought old lady pants that are stretchy in the back :P I definitely outgrew my jeans quickly and i felt weird about walking around with my jeans undone.

    ReplyDelete