Friday, September 11, 2009

Bulgier Bulge

My uterus is growing!

Before, my bulge was only just above my pubic bone. Now it's spread more into my lower abdomen. Okay. If this were my hips and lower lady parts: (Y), the bulge is up just past the top of the y now. Someone who doesn't know my body probably wouldn't recognize it. But to Husband and me, it's dramatic.

I've been getting pains and pulls and aches in my lower abdomen (particularly on my right side) for weeks. They just happen randomly. They usually aren't that bad, but every once in a while I'll stand up and it hurts enough to make me say "aaaaaaaah!" and hunch my body over in an effort to re-shorten whatever it is that feels like just got pulled. The pains go away pretty quickly, though. Baby is just making room in there, I guess. Sometimes my lower back hurts, and a couple of times I got this weird pain where it feels like someone inside my belly is pulling back as hard as they can on my belly button. It's uncomfortable, but the belly button one always makes me laugh, just for the mental image I get.

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of lower back pain at the beginning. Not as much anymore though, you would think carrying around more weight, I'd have more back pain. But no, it was only in the beginning.
    Wait til the baby is bigger and actually kicking and punching and hiccuping. It's a weird sensation.
    PS...are you putting your pregnancy in fast forward?? I don't remember all of this stuff happening to me so soon.

    ReplyDelete