Thursday, September 10, 2009

Told Foster Son Last Night

We took Foster Son (FS) to a restaurant last night, which is always an exciting adventure in his 3 year old brain, in order to make sure that he has the most plesant experience possible while we break the news to him about my pregnancy.

Me: We have something really exciting to tell you!

FS: What? Um. Does the straw go in here?

Me: Yeah, it does. Well, our exciting news is... are you listening? (FS looks away from his cup and up at me.) ... I have a baby in my tummy!

FS: No.

Me: I do! There's a baby in my tummy right now!

Blank stare. And then suddenly it clicks and FS smiles.

FS: Can I SEEEEEEEE it?!?

Me: Not yet, it's too tiny. It needs to grow more first. Right now it's in my tummy growing.

FS: It's small? How small?

I hold my index fingers about 2 1/2 inches apart.

FS: That's a tiny baby!

FS took it very well after that. He decided that he has two babies in his tummy, even though we tried to explain that only girls can have babies.

Now he wants to hug my middle instead of my neck. :)

1 comment: