Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Weird Baby Dream

I had a strange dream last night.

It was set in this post-apocalyptic world where humans were constantly being chased by something big and scary-- something that wants to kill (and maybe eat?) them. I was hugely pregnant, and Husband and I were running through this tunnel, trying to get away from the thing that was chasing us. I realized that there was no way I would escape. I was too big, too slow, and too awkward to get away this time. So I took out a knife and cut the baby out of me. Just sliced my belly open. Husband helped me pull out the baby and then some umbilical cord. We cut the cord and tried to tie the cord in a knot, but Husband pulled it too tight and the knot broke off. So I took a barrette from my hair and clipped it on the cord. The baby was a girl, and she had dark hair. I stroked her cheek with my finger. She was so skinny, because it was too soon for her to be born. I handed her to husband and told him to run. I knew that I couldn't get away, but I wanted Husband to save the baby.

It wasn't a scary dream. I was just doing what I knew had to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment