Thursday, September 3, 2009

Counting Sheep

Aside from just the sweating, I wake up a lot during the night now. I used to be a pretty solid sleeper. Now I get up at least once each night to pee (and I don't even have a baby sitting on my bladder yet!) and I wake wake up countless other times to toss and turn. I'm not exaggerating when I say I woke up no less than 10 times last night.

One of those times I woke up laughing. I do that several times a year. I feel sort of bad about it because it always wakes Husband up and scares him, but it really is a great feeling to have a dream that's so silly I actually laugh out loud even though I'm sound asleep. Of course, my own laughing wakes me up from my dream. Husband says that it doesn't sound like a regular laugh and he can never tell if I'm laughing or crying, and that's why he gets concerned.

In my dream last night, Peter Pan and Wendy were walking through a forest. All of a sudden Captain Hook jumped out at them, but his sword was a giant, multi-colored popsicle. Peter Pan quickly produced a popsicle sword in response and they started to duel. After a few seconds, Wendy got caught in the middle of their sword fight, and as the two popsicles were flying toward her head, her reaction was to open her mouth and eat them. She swallowed both popsicle swords, and Peter Pan and Captain Hook were left holding nothing but popsicle sticks. Wendy realized what she had done and gasped, causing a massive amount of red, orange, and yellow popsicle to fall out of her mouth. It sounds stupid now, but it was HILARIOUS in my dream. Next thing I know, Husband is cradling my head, "are you okay?" and I'm laughing so hard that I can't talk.

Anyway, last night was a pretty good night. I baked muffins and listened to music and danced with Husband and Foster Son in the living room. Big improvement over being virtually bedridden. Yay!

1 comment: