Thursday, September 17, 2009

Like I Said, My Oven Is On

I wonder if this often happens to other people. I haven't heard about it before, but I haven't really researched it, either.

Before I got pregnant, my normal I'm-not-sick body temperature was 97.7. Since I've been pregnant, it has stayed about 1 degree higher. 98.7 is well within the acceptable range and 1 degree does not count as a fever, so there's no real problem, per se. I'm just "running hot" now.

The first few weeks after I found out I was pregnant, my temperature would sometimes go as high as 99.5. I told my doctor about it and she said that was no cause for concern. Only worry if it goes over 100 degrees.

I wonder if my temperature will go back to 97.7 after the baby gets here.

2 comments:

  1. Your thermostat has been readjusted because it's almost fall. Maybe baby will make you cooler for the spring. How considerate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Baby readjusted my thermostat starting in July. But hopefully it will come in handy this winter, like you're saying.

    ReplyDelete