Monday, September 14, 2009

World's Best Baby Daddy

Along with single-handedly taking care of Foster Son while I'm sick, rubbing my feet when I ask, and slathering me with cocoa butter every night, Husband did a bang-up job of surprising me with flowers and cake for our anniversary today.

Husband and I celebrate 3 anniversaries each year. September 14th is one of them.

Husband calls my office this afternoon. "I'm taking Friend to the grocery store. Need anything?" Friend is 8 months pregnant, so it made sense he would offer to drive her, gentleman that he is. "A gallon of water and some saltine crackers." Husband shows up in my office a little later with the crackers and water. Then walks out, and comes back in with a bunch of flowers and the most delicious cupcake that I've ever eaten in my life. Chocolate with fudge icing and a raspberry filling.

Dingdong that I am, I didn't even realize at first why he was giving me these gifts. It wasn't until I saw the icing message written on the cupcake that I realized what was going on. So I'm the spouse that forgot our anniversary, not some stereotypically forgetful husband. I'll blame it on the pregnancy. They say pregnant women sometimes become forgetful. I have placenta brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment