Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Running Out of Room

I'm starting to feel a little squished inside of my own body. Especially after I eat. I end up feeling stuffed, even though I'm eating smaller portions than I used to. I know that your digestion slows when you're pregnant because of the hormones, plus I'm constipated... but since I've noticed my uterus expanding, I swear that my "stuffed" feeling has gotten worse.

Six small meals each day, instead of three big ones. That's what the experts recommend. I'm working up to that. I usually have breakfast (which I didn't used to eat before I got pregnant), a few crackers mid-morning, lunch, a bag of 100-calorie popcorn, dinner, and sometimes a snack after dinner depending on how queezy I am. Oh, and usually a Jolly Rancher candy or two during work. I don't know why, but I'm kind of craving them now. I hadn't had them for probably 10 years, and then one night I was struck with the desire for watermellon Jolly Rancher candy. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. you really do need some bran muffins, don't you? i'll research food shipping methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    the Metamucil should be just as (or more) effective. the problem is that my medicine makes me constipated, and my baby makes me constipated, so it's a double whammy. maybe i'll try to pick up some bran muffins at the grocery store and see if they help. otherwise, i'll need to stand on my head and pour some Draino up my butt.

    ReplyDelete