Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Hope That This Is Just An Awkward Phase

I had a short but very sincere cry the other night about how my belly looks. If you see my belly shirtless from the side, I have three lumps. I find this very unattractive, although Husband insists it's barely noticible.

From right under my boobs to a few inches above my belly button is the first lump. I don't know why it stops the way it does, instead of continuing on down my belly. What's there? My diaphragm? The lump is most noticable right after I've eaten and I feel very full. It's as if my food is all backed up in the upper part of my digestive tract.

Then, I have another bump from the bottom of bump #1 to a few inches below my belly button. This is fat. The nice, womanly layer of fat that used to rest along my lower abdomen has migrated up my body and now sits mostly below my belly button. It looks stupid. It makes fat squish over the edge of my pants and it makes my clothes fit funny.

Then I have my uterus bump, which right now basically looks like someone kicked me in the crotch and it got all swollen.

Lump, lump, lump. I hope it all smoothes out soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your body is just trying to decide where to re-distribute your weight to make room for the little one. I'm sure you are as beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bumps aren't noticeable. Everyone is always more critical of their own body. If someone points out your crotch bulge, say you're wearing a cup. :P

    ReplyDelete