Friday, September 11, 2009

Mind Your Own Beeswax

I've read that people say weird/rude things to pregnant ladies, maybe not realizing how offensive what they're saying is. Its already begun for me, as far as I'm concerned.

"Were you trying?"

Look. If you're my family or my friend-- basically someone I've already talked to about sex-- then okay. I'm not a super private person, so I don't mind you asking that question. If you are my coworker from a different department whom I've never talked to before, but you wanted to come congratulate me DONT ASK SUCH A PERSONAL QUESTION! "Hi, you don't know me, but congratulations, and by the way were you and your husband just having sex for fun, or did you have a goal in mind? Were you having more sex than usual in order to make a baby? Or were you just caught up in the moment and careless one night?"

None of your business. I'm pregnant now and I'm apparently not having an abortion, so end of story. What do you want me to say? "No, we weren't trying. Wow was that night a mistake!" Or "Yeah. We've been having sex every night for the past six months. We've been through the whole Kama Sutra twice!"

Were you trying? Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. You could have some super strange practiced response to that question that makes people feel really uncomfortable. Or just turn the question around and ask them about their sex lives. See how they like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my favorite question to be asked! ....NOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I don't want to be pregnant. I would seriously kill someone.

    ReplyDelete