Monday, February 1, 2010

Pregnant Lady Movie: Baby Mama

Husband and I watched "Baby Mama" yesterday. The movie with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. It was alright. The comic timing was sometimes a bit off, and it didn't quite live up to its potential in terms of jokes and gags. It would have been even less funny if I weren't pregnant right now, but since I could relate to some of the stuff that was going on, that made it more amusing for me.

For example, there's a scene where Tina Fey is trying to get Amy Poehler to take a prenatal vitamin and the vitamin is HUGE and Amy Poehler can't swallow it. That was funny to me not because of the slapstick that was going on, but because prenatal vitamins ARE big, and trying to swallow them in the first trimester DOES make you want to gag.

Anyway, I checked the movie out for free from my local library, so all I invested in watching it was an hour and a half of my time. So I guess it was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. We also watched this. I agree; it's not that funny. We had a $10 gift card for Best Buy, so we bought Knocked Up, which is a hilarious movie and only cost $9.99.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw that one in the theater. :)

    ReplyDelete