Friday, February 26, 2010

Baby Basics Class

Husband and I went to a "Baby Basics" class last night, held by our county health department. It was really simplistic and seemed to be geared toward a less-educated group of people.

We learned a few things, I guess. What they might be completely escapes me right now. But a refresher never hurts, right? We learned about safety and about choosing a good day care.

Everyone in the class was pretty quiet, except for this one lady. I'll call her Tweedle Dee. She didn't seem very bright, but she came across as extremely honest and sincere. I liked her. She was pregnant with her 4th baby, but all of her other kids were a lot older so I guess she wanted a reminder about what it's like to take care of a baby.

At one point, the teacher asked Tweedle Dee, "Why might a baby cry?" and Tweedle Dee pursed her lips and sat back in her chair and said, "Because they're SPOILED."

Sigh.

Good luck to you, little baby in Tweedle Dee's belly. Good luck.

1 comment: