Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last Childbirth Preparation Class

We had our last childbirth preparation class last night. We reviewed, talked about post-partum issues, talked about inducing labor, and talked about pooping on the delivery table.

It was all very enlightening. Here's how I expect my labor and delivery to go: I'll be in pain for a long time, eventually beg for drugs, poop (not even in a toilet) in front of my family and a few strangers, squeeze a baby out of my body, cry a lot and be happy when the baby arrives, and then bleed for 6 weeks or so while my body recovers.

Can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. At least someone told you about the post-partum bleeding part. It was a surprise to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that drug dealers don't like it when you yell at them. Ask the nurse nicely and your drug dealer will show up with a cart full of goodies for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully oxytocin helps give mommas some amnesia for the uncomfortable stuff and helps them remember the good stuff. Hence, moms tend to have more than one kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jen- that's why i'm writing it all down!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I didn't know that about oxytocin. No wonder I don't remember labor. I just remember being on all fours and then POOF baby!

    ReplyDelete