Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baby's Hospital Bag Is Packed

Husband's mom made a lovely tote bag, light blue and white, that we took home with us after our Christmas-time visit at her house. This is going to be the baby's hospital bag. It's very roomy, so I figure that if we get any samples or some kind of presents at the hospital, we'll have extra space to pack the stuff we get and bring it home.

I've packed 3 receiving blankets, a heavier blanket (in case it's cold or it rains), 3 burp cloths, a onesie, and an outfit to bring the baby home in (a shirt, pants with footies, mittens, a hat, a bib). I'll throw in a diaper and some wipes, just in case we need them, although I know that the hospital provides that stuff for your stay.

Last week at my OBGYN's appointment, my doctor advised us not to pack too much. "Some people show up looking like they're ready to move in. You aren't staying for a week, just a couple of days. Don't pack too much. They provide you with most of the stuff you need at the hospital."

Yeah, yeah. Better safe than sorry. That's what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment