Friday, February 5, 2010

Labor Day Supplies

Husband and I are getting ready for the big day. Collecting things that we're going to take with us to the hospital.

I've been working on my list of music to put on our MP3 player. I've decided that I need at least an hour's worth of calm, slow classical music. I have other kinds of music picked out, too, but I really want some relaxing classical music available.

We also bought two things yesterday to take with us to the hospital: a rolling pin and baby soap. The rolling pin is for massaging me. Husband read that rolling pins work really well, and I have to admit that the broad, firm pressure on my back feels really nice. Plus I figure that if Elise has any trouble coming out, we can use the rolling pin on my belly and squish her out of there like a tube of toothpaste. (Just kidding.)

The soap is for me to smell. It's a bar of Johnson's baby soap and it smells like the shampoo. So this is my crack pot idea of labor aromatherapy. But just smelling that scent makes me happy, so I figure that it might help me during labor or motivate me when I'm having trouble.

I'm totally going to be "that lady" that the labor and delivery nurses talk about for the next few weeks following my delivery. "...AND THEN her husband takes out a rolling pin and starts rubbing it up and down her back while she's clutching this bar of soap to her nose and crying! All with Vivaldi's "Violin Romance" playing in the background. You should have seen it!"

1 comment:

  1. The imagery of rolling her out like a tube of toothpaste is awesome. You should tell her that story when she asks where babies come from.

    ReplyDelete