Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby Doctor? Check!

Husband and I interviewed a pediatrician's office yesterday. There were positives and negatives, but mostly positives, so we've decided to go with the dorky-cute doctor that I mentioned earlier.

He's actually a bit less cute in person. Very nice and, as Husband said, "non-threatening." I think that Husband meant that in a he-doesn't-look-like-the-kind-of-guy-who-has-had-much-success-with-the-ladies kind of way. But I mean that he seems very pleasant, willing to listen, and doesn't seem to be the kind of professional that either condescends or tries to talk over your head.

The bad things about going to this pediatrician's office are that it's 25 minutes away from my house and that sometimes it's hard to get in to see this particular doctor for sick visits because he's so popular. BUT I'd rather drive a little farther for a good doctor. And there 2 other doctors and several nurse practicioners in the practice, so I could always take Elise to a different doctor if need be.

Positives include: a sick waiting room and a well waiting room, 24-hour access to a nurse, a highly recommended doctor, and a doctor who is willing to work with me to make sure that my vegetarian diet is adequate for breastfeeding (without telling me that I should stop being vegetarian).

While Husband and I were waiting in the well waiting room before we were seen, I even got to talk to a mother who had been taking her son to this particular doctor for about 2 years. She had nothing but good things to say.

Husband and I are happy to have selected a doctor for Elise. I feel like "Yay! I've accomplished something!"

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Now have you found your baby's dentist and optometrist? Just kidding. Although our baby is going to need both eventually. He'll almost certainly be a crooked-toothed, myopic pre-teen, judging by his parents.

    ReplyDelete