Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pain In the Lady Parts

The front of my pelvis hurts today. What is that? The "pubic bone"? It feels like I got kicked in the crotch, like, an hour ago. What I mean is that it's not a sharp pain, just a dull achy pain. Sort of like the pain that gets leftover after your body deals with the initial shock of an incident such as getting kicked really hard.

My pelvis pain is worse when I stand up. I wish I had one of those motorized scooters. Just for today.

When I wake up in the mornings now, I'm usually kind of sore. It seems that wherever the baby has been laying is where I hurt. My back or one of my sides will ache for about 30 minutes, but eventually it goes away. Lately, my upper thighs hurt, too. I'm not sure why. Like the other pains, it generally goes away in half an hour or so.

But this pubic bone pain isn't going away. I wonder if the baby is doing something to cause it or if my body is just starting to make room for her to come out.

3 comments:

  1. Your symphysis pubis cartilage is softening so those pelvic bones can open up farther and make room for baby's head. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, in that case, i guess i'm glad for the crotch pain. at least it serves a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i gave elise a hack saw so she can start making her way out. so, it's probably just her sawing away.

    ReplyDelete