Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pregnant Brain Craziness

I blame everything weird that happens to me on the fact that I'm pregnant. Here's what happened on Friday:

I decided to wash some more baby blankets/towels/washcloths/etc. and I had been in the baby's room, putting a load of laundry together. When I was done, I put my cell phone on top of the stack of laundry, walked through the house, spaced out and lost about a minute's worth of awareness of my own actions, and then put the laundry into the washing machine.

I sat down at my computer for a minute or two, and then looked to my left, expecting to see my cell phone. But it wasn't there. Where had I put it? Hmmm. The last place I remembered seeing it was... OH NO! ON TOP OF THE PILE OF LAUNDRY!!!

I screamed. I ran into the laundry room, and began pulling sopping wet, soapy baby blankets out of the washing machine. Husband was right behind me, very concerned about my screaming.

"Help me find my phone!"

"Okay! Okay!" Husband started sorting through the blankets I had pulled out of the washing machine.

"No! Go look somewhere else. Look in the living room or something!"

About two seconds after husband walked out of the laundry room he shouted, "Found it!" Was it really in such an obvious place? How had I overlooked it? I felt relief that Husband had found my phone, but I felt incredibly stupid for what had just happened.

Husband walked back into the laundry room and looked around at the mess I'd made. I was wet and soapy. The blankets were wet and soapy. The floor was wet and soapy. I felt so embarrassed.

"Hey. Maybe next time you can tell me what's happened when you scream instead of just screaming. I thought your water had broken or something."

Oops. Sorry, Husband.

I seriously don't remember taking my phone out of the laundry basket. I'm glad that I did, but I thought for sure that I'd dumped my phone in the wash. Wow. Pregnant brain strikes again.


No comments:

Post a Comment