Monday, February 22, 2010

My Pregnant Feet

My observations regarding my feet at 35 weeks pregnant:

1. It's really weird to be standing up and realize that you can't see your own feet when you look down. Of course, I can look around my belly, or stretch my foot out, but it's still a mildly unsettling feeling.

2. Clipping my toenails is a gigantic pain in the ass.

3. My feet look wider. Not a lot. I don't need new shoes, like some pregnant ladies do. But they look slightly more... duck-like. Kind of like cartoon duck feet. Narrower at the back and more spread out at the toes. I'm sure it helps me stay balanced to have my feet more spread out. Plus, I read that the hormones that help loosen your hips up for the baby to come out can't just target one spot on your body, so all of your ligaments get a bit looser. Feet included.

4. Throughout this pregnancy, whenever I don't feel well just about the only place that I can stand to be touched is my feet. I have a feeling that that will hold true for labor, as well. I hope Husband's prepared to rub some feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment