Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Elise's First Birthday Cake

Husband and I bought cake mix and frosting for Elise's first birthday cake. Yellow cake and triple chocolate fudge frosting. I'm not much for baking, so I'm not going to try and make a cake from scratch. Cake mix will have to do.

If I have time during early labor, I'll bake the cake while I wait to go to the hospital. It will give me something to do. Something happy and good-smelling.

We already have cake toppers that say "Happy Birthday" and one that is the number zero, since it will be her zero-th birthday.

I wonder if they'll let Husband bring the cake into my recovery room. If not, we'll eat it when I go home.

3 comments:

  1. If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, I remember learning that some Asian cultures count birthdays as the day they were conceived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can bring whatever you want into the recovery room. Make sure you (and your visitors) bring dollar bills for parking.

    ReplyDelete